LMS No. 10000 and 10001 were the first mainline diesel locomotives built in England in 1947. They were built in association with the English Electric Company using an English Electric 1600 hp diesel engine, generator and electrics. The locomotives became British Railways Class D16/1 and were operated primarily on mainline express passenger services. They were withdrawn and scrapped in the 1960's.